Just a few quick tips from our friends at Osram-Sylvania
– Standard low beams cease to provide enough visibility when driving above 35 to 40 mph. The best case scenario would be for all drivers to use high beams all the time and use technology to keep the light out of oncoming drivers’ eyes.
– All headlamps produce glare that can reduce the ability of oncoming drivers to see.
– According to the AAA Foundation’s report, Countermeasures for Reducing the Effects of Headlight Glare (2002), as many as 50 percent of all headlamps on the road, or 110 million vehicles, maybe misaimed. Shock, vibration and wear and tear are the greatest contributors to headlamp misalignment.
– Poorly manufactured, knock-off products can cause glare and imitate the blue hue associated with fully-compliant, street-legal HID products.
– When headlamps are aimed properly, there is no difference in the amount of light that reaches the eyes of oncoming drivers whether the vehicle has halogen or HID light sources.
– All drivers are not equal. Glare affects each person differently, often depending on age.
– OSRAM is the only company worldwide manufacturing a complete mercury-free HID system solution, comprised of the light source and necessary electronics to optimally operate it. The OSRAM system allows customers to streamline the development and approval process for mercury-free systems.